Fyne at 40 Saturay 12th - Sunday 13th May 2018
Forty years ago local landowner Johnny Noble and marine biologist Andy Lane registered their business of farming oysters in the clear waters of Loch Fyne in Argyll and selling them from a shed beside the A83. On 12th and 13th May this year the company will mark its 40th anniversary with a special "Fyne at Forty" weekend festival.
Over the two-day "Fyne at Forty" event, festival goers will be given access to areas normally closed to the public, such as the oyster sheds where each oyster is graded, purified and hand-checked for freshness before being despatched to one of many customers around the world.
There will be champagne tours of nearby historic Ardkinglas House, and you can test your chef skills in our oyster shucking competition.
Children can get their faces painted before being entertained with musical activities and the grown-ups can unwind with demonstrations from top chefs as well as wine and whisky tasting. There will be a range of food available and great music to enjoy in the entertainment beer marquee.
- 11:00 Doors open
- 16:00 finish Saturday
- 17:00 finish Sunday
- Chef Demonstrations
- Whisky, Smoked Salmon and Wine Tastings
- Oyster Farm Tours (Saturday from 12:00 and Sunday from 12:30 £5.00 adult £2.00 child)
- Oyster Shucking Competition
- Face Painting
- Historic Photo Display
- Craft and Art stalls
- Loch Fyne Merchandise Stall
- Visit Scotland "Coo Van"
- Fyne Ales Tours & Tastings
- Loch Fyne and Winston Churchill Venison Street Food
- Bar including Fyne Ales
- LIVE Music including The Camans, Malleus, Declan Hegarty, Mid Argyll Pipe Band and Whiterose
- Ardkinglas House Tours with Oyster & Champagne Tasting (14:00 Sunday only £20 per person)
Buy tickets for "Fyne at 40"
- Tickets for the Friday night Ceilidh and spectacular fireworks display are available from Eventbrite here
- Tickets for Hue and Cry are available from Eventbrite here
- Tickets for the Saturday and Sunday events are available from Eventbrite here
Tickets for the Ceilidh, Saturday and Sunday will be available to purchase on arrival. Please note the tour tickets may not be available if demand is high.