Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd is based at Cairndow, at the head of Loch Fyne on the West Coast of Scotland.
From this stunning location we have been supplying our customers with Scotland's finest fish and seafood for over 40 years. From our internationally renowned Oyster Bar Restaurant and through the products we sell globally, we pride ourselves on provenance, quality and sustainability.
Our team at Cairndow fulfill a wide variety of roles from processing staff to restaurant and retail staff, along with administration and sales. We employ over 125 people and have developed strong links with the local communities. There is flexibility within the work place to move between roles and departments.
Our current vacancies are listed here and we are happy to keep your CV on file if there is nothing immediately available.
If you care about outstanding service and are keen to work in a friendly environment, in a great location, please get in touch:
Our Current Vacancies:
- FACILITIES ASSISTANT
Location: Clachan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BL Scotland
- Job Title: FACILITIES ASSISTANT
- Contract Type: Permanent.
- Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour (increases to £9.50 per hour after successful completion of probation period).
- Working Hours: Full time, based on 40 hours per week.
We are looking for a self motivated and reliable person, with a positive and proactive attitude to join our Facilities/Maintenance Team. As Facilities Assistant, you will report directly to the Senior Team Leader (Facilities); assisting with carrying out planned preventative and reactive maintenance throughout our production and site facilities.
The successful candidate will need:
- Previous experience within a general maintenance role, i.e. plumbing, electrical, woodwork, mechanical engineering, etc
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Good communication skills
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Fault finding and problem solving skills
- A focused approach and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload effectively and multi-task
- Flexibility with shift patterns, as there will be a requirement to work out with factory hours
- Full driving licence
The role will involve a wide range of maintenance duties, including:
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Repairs of site equipment, machinery and buildings
- Maintenance of internal/external site services and areas
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro-rata)
- Staff discount in our Oyster Bar Restaurant and Deli
- Company Pension Scheme
Due to the working environment and equipment, Basic Disclosure Checks via Disclosure Scotland will be required as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK.
** DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 28TH FEBRUARY 2020 **
We are in the envious position where we can enjoy all the great outdoors has to offer; beautiful beaches, views, walks, wildlife and outdoor sports, as well as not being far from Glasgow or Edinburgh, to enjoy all the big city has to offer too.
If you have a passion for working with local, sustainably sourced produce and a desire to provide an excellent customer experience, then we would love to hear from you.
LOCATION: based at Clachan, Cairndow at the head of Loch Fyne on the west coast of Scotland. Just a 45 minute drive / 1 hour bus journey from Dunoon, 50 minute drive from Helensburgh, 1 hour from Dumbarton, 1.5 hours from Glasgow (M8, A82, A83) and 2 hours from Edinburgh (M8, M9, A811, A82, A83).
Apply in writing with your current CV or contact us for an Application Form:
Christine Smith, HR Department, Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd, Clachan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BL, Scotland
Tel: 01499 600462 Fax: 01499 600396