Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd is based at Cairndow, at the head of Loch Fyne on the West Coast of Scotland.
From this stunning location we have been supplying our customers with Scotland's finest fish and seafood for over 40 years. From our internationally renowned Oyster Bar Restaurant and through the products we sell globally, we pride ourselves on provenance, quality and sustainability.
Our team at Cairndow fulfill a wide variety of roles from processing staff to restaurant and retail staff, along with administration and sales. We employ over 120 people and have developed strong links with the local communities. There is flexibility within the work place to move between roles and departments.
Our current vacancies are listed here and we are happy to keep your CV on file if there is nothing immediately available.
If you care about outstanding service and are keen to work in a friendly environment, in a great location, please get in touch:
Our Current Vacancies:
- PROCESSING OPERATIVES - Nightshift
Location: Clachan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BL Scotland
- Job Title: PROCESSING OPERATIVE (Nightshift)
- Contract Type: Permanent.
- Rate of Pay: £10.05 per hour.
- Overtime: Paid at x1.5 basic rate for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- Nightshift Allowance: £180.00 per week (paid in addition to the hourly pay rate).
- Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week (Full time).
- Typical Shift Pattern: Monday to Thursday 5.00pm to 2.00am / Friday 2.00pm to 8.00pm.
- Other Info: The successful applicant MUST have their own transport.
We require an additional Team Member to join our NIGHTSHIFT TEAM, to carry out a variety of hygiene / cleaning tasks, plus assist with the production of smoked salmon for the retail trade.
The ideal candidate will need to be committed, reliable and able to work well as part of a small team and without supervision at times. Duties will involve some heavy lifting, therefore experience with safe manual handling and the ability to carry out a physical role is essential. You will also need to have a flexible approach to your duties and working hours, as overtime may be required from time to time. Previous experience is not essential, as training will be provided.
Duties will include:
- Stripping and assembling production machinery for cleaning purposes.
- Cleaning production areas.
- Operation of box washing machine.
- Operating smoking kilns.
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro-rata).
- Staff discount in our Oyster Bar Restaurant and Deli.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme.
- Death In Service (Life Assurance) Scheme.
* DUE TO THE SHIFT PATTERN, APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TRANSPORT.
* Current Counterbalance Forklift Tuck Licence would be beneficial.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORISED TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK.
Due to the working environment and equipment, Basic Disclosure Checks via Disclosure Scotland will be required as part of the recruitment process.
We are in the envious position where we can enjoy all the great outdoors has to offer; beautiful beaches, views, walks, wildlife and outdoor sports, as well as not being far from Glasgow or Edinburgh, to enjoy all the big city has to offer too.
If you have a passion for working with local, sustainably sourced produce and a desire to provide an excellent customer experience, then we would love to hear from you.
LOCATION: based at Clachan, Cairndow at the head of Loch Fyne on the west coast of Scotland. Just a 45 minute drive / 1 hour bus journey from Dunoon, 50 minute drive from Helensburgh, 1 hour from Dumbarton, 1.5 hours from Glasgow (M8, A82, A83) and 2 hours from Edinburgh (M8, M9, A811, A82, A83).
Apply in writing with your current CV or contact us for an Application Form:
Christine Smith, HR Department, Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd, Clachan, Cairndow, Argyll, PA26 8BL, Scotland
Tel: 01499 600462